Yelp TOC (was Re: Ubuntu Help compared with other help systems)

Andreas Lloyd lloydinho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 10:37:03 UTC 2006

Wow, this looks really good! Good work!

Brian Burger wrote:

> On 4/3/06, *Matthew East* <mdke at ubuntu.com <mailto:mdke at ubuntu.com>>
> wrote:
>

>     "The following other categories of documentation are available:"
>

> "Other available documentation:"
>
> or
>
> "Other available categories of documentation:"

alternately, "Non-Ubuntu specific documentation:"

though it doesn't have a very good ring to it, it is more precise.

I'd also like to have a line of text beneath each category to explain
what kind of documentation that the user can expect to find there.
Something like this:

Desktop
This contains in-depth guides on the use and configuration of the GNOME
Desktop Environment.

Applications
Here you will find in-depth manuals for the programs found in the
Applications Menu.

Andreas