Ubuntuguide.org translations

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu May 19 07:40:26 UTC 2005

On 18/05/05, Daniel Robitaille <robitaille at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The ONLY solution is to have the doc in strict xhtml/xml docbook, in
> > which case the transfer to a .pot file and to Rosetta would be _really_
> > easy. The only thing I can hope is that future releases of UbuntuGuide
> > will be done in that way, unless somebody is prepared to port the guide
> > to xml.
>
> After a quick 30-second look at the source code of ubuntuguide.org, I
> don't think it is that far off from being a "strict" document.   I'll
> try to take a longer look at it later tonight.

I have temporarily put a a xhtml 1.1 version of the ubuntuguide on my web space:
   http://www3.telus.net/robitaille/guide/

According to http://validator.w3.org/  is is a valid xhtml1.1
document. (and if you are wondering: a xhtml 1.1 document should be
very similar to a xhtml1.0 strict document)

Essentially I had to change 3 files from the original online guide:

http://www3.telus.net/robitaille/guide/index.html
http://www3.telus.net/robitaille/guide/style.css
http://www3.telus.net/robitaille/guide/print.css

The changes very pretty minimal in scope; it was a very well written
xhtml page to start with, which made the transition  to a xhtml strict
version relatively easy to do.

hopefully that will solve the problems with the conversion to .pot