Another IRC meeting? Suggest agenda items here.

George Deka george.deka at gmail.com
Fri May 13 03:53:30 UTC 2005

Adoption of a modified version of the fedora doc team, intro to writing docs
document.
I believe that it is a great document to use for a start
Please review before meeting
http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/

Getting uf.org <http://uf.org> people to join

DocDay: a day where we are trying to document as much as possible, and go
through documentation bugs. what about bounties (canonical input required)

Creating a Ubuntu Doc Core Team

Getting all proposed docs signed off by the core team

On 5/10/05, Jeff Schering <jeffschering at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/4/05, Mary Gardiner <mary-sounder at puzzling.org> wrote:
> >
> > Or to put it another way, suggest agenda items here (in as much detail
> > as you can, including the goal -- ie what we need to decide on). If
>
> 1. Indexing the Wiki cloud
>
> Creators of wiki pages can parent them pretty much anywhere (not a bad
> thing) so the wiki ends up being more or less randomly organized, more
> like a cloud of pages. The various Front Page suggestions and threads
> are a good start to this index, and we need to decide which one to go
> with.
>
> 2. Farming the Wiki cloud
>
> To push the agricultural metaphor even further: gardening the wiki is
> ok, but some serious farming is needed. The pages need to be edited
> for (most importantly) accuracy. Many could also use some
> clarification, not to mention adjustments to grammar and spelling.
> There's probably a certain amount of overlap and contradiction that
> needs to be rectified.
>
> 3. Harvesting the Wiki cloud
>
> We can copy some of the information from the wiki and stick it into
> our "official" docs in svn so that it eventually ends up on the
> desktop. Also, over time, some pages become useless or out-of-date,
> and these pages need to be deleted.
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff
> --