Managing Translations

Matthew Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Tue Mar 15 07:55:09 UTC 2005

Sean Wheller wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 March 2005 08:43, Corey Burger wrote:
> >
> > The only issue with Rosetta, and some people may have issues with it,
> > is that it is not-free, in all senses. That doesn't bother me much,
> > but it might others.
>
> Hmm, I did not know that. Seems strange, Canonical  is committed to FREE
 > and Open Source. Can you explain why you think it is not free in all
 > senses?

As it says on the wiki <http://ubuntulinux.org/wiki/Rosetta>, Rosetta is
not yet Free Software, but it "will probably become open source
somewhere in the future". So it comes down to whether you trust
Canonical to release the Rosetta source code when it's ready. I trust
them, but then I work for them, so what would I know.

(Note: I don't speak for Canonical, and they don't speak for me.)

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/