Wiki: IconsPage

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 05:57:12 UTC 2005

Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:

> I've resurrected some of them now, but it seems there are several more
> missing. The rest can be found here:
> http://gentoo.warthogs.hbd.com:8003/ubuntu/wiki/... Like
> http://gentoo.warthogs.hbd.com:8003/ubuntu/wiki/iconCircle.png It would
> be great if others would help with extracting them, if not I'll get to
> it. I seems my image auto-harvesting script failed on these because
> reading them requires you to be logged in (I have no idea why).
>
> Putting them in 'lostimages' is not really a good solution though. The
> best approach would probably be to make a page called wiki/icons and
> upload them all as attachments there. They could then be referred to
> from any page as attachment:wiki/icons/Name.png Looking at the Moin file
> structure it looks like I should be able to simply place the images in
> .../PageName/attachments (in the file structure on the server) and Moin
> should realise that they belong to the page. I'll try that tomorrow.

I have played a bit the IconsPage tonight. I changed some of the text to take
into account the new wiki.  And I have managed to find and upload  all the
missing icons (found in either the lostimages directory, or in the backup of
the old wiki on gentoo.warthogs.hbd.com) as attachments to the IconsPage wiki
page.

And to answer my own question from yesterday, these icons attached to that
specific wiki page are available from any page in the wiki by using this syntax:

If we decide to keep the icons on IconsPage in that current "attachment"
structure, then it's only a question of tracking down other pages in the wiki
that points to the old wiki icons locations and replacing them with the
appropriate "attachment" call.  Shouldn't take more that a couple of hours of
work.

Daniel

--
Daniel Robitaille