Development Previews of Kubuntu Documents

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:56:39 UTC 2005

matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com wrote:
>> It is currently not circulated...  I wrote an email asking if there
>> was interest in a new newsletter in -doc maybe 2-3 weeks ago and since
>> then have been working on how it will work and talking to Mako and
>> other people that had something interesting going on that I could get
>> a news item from.
>> Right now in the current draft there's about 3 "news items" in it
>> which isnt much, but it's a start.
>> Email me off list if you want more information or to help.
>

> I don't think I can help with this, but I definitely think it is a cool
> idea! I've thought for a while that something like the Gentoo Weekly
> Newsletter[1] would be a really cool thing. It outlines news from both
> within and without the community, and has some interested statistics
> from bugzilla etc. Perhaps this will overlap with "The Fridge"
> project[2], but I don't know what status that project is at

status of The Fridge:  work in progress...

Overlaps:  not really.  The Fridge will be a portal of news/calendar, etc
related to Ubuntu-world.  So people still have to write stuff, including
possibly that weekly newsletter; The Fridge will simply be the location where
that weekly newsletter will be posted for everyone to see.

Personally I really miss the Ubuntu Traffic.  But I suspect the raw amount of
work to issue it every week was probably quite large, and unless quite a few
people working as a group organize themselves to write these weekly traffic,
it will not come back.

--
Daniel Robitaille