Web sites for docteam

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Fri Jun 3 06:18:47 UTC 2005

On Friday 03 June 2005 01:42, Matthew east wrote:
> ok I don't know much about this so take my views just for what they are
> worth: this seems all very complicated to me. What is wrong with
> converting the documents into html and uploading them to the support
> section of the Ubuntu website?

It sounds complicated but is actually not :-)

> As for what will be deployed with the distro, has this application that
> you speak of been confirmed with the boys who make these kind of
> decisions? I feel that it will be necessary for them to make the call as
> to what sort of application documentation will be viewed in. It also
> depends fairly significantly on upstream considerations from gnome/kde
> as far as I can see.

Clearance, no, but since the docs will be viewable under any browser and yelp
and khelpcenter I do not see a problem.

The help we are talking about does not come from GNOME or KDE or any other
upstream. Those docs are still viewed in the normal way. Only the stuff we at
Ubuntu/Kubuntu are doing will be displayed in this way.

I am going a bit out on a limb here but I feel that my approach is neutral
enough. Also the boys and girls at the top, bless their cotton socks, have no
idea of what we are doing 99% of the time. Trying to get things done through
them is sometimes more effort than it is worth. So just do it and say here it
is :-)

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author