Worthwhile critique from Mathew Thomas

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Thu Apr 14 15:43:54 UTC 2005

I read that "Critque" and was frankly turned off how worthwhile the whole
bit was.  It seemed like someone wasn't happy with Ubuntu and had an axe
to grind.  Most of it seemed like he had tried to make some "improvements"
or suggestions to Ubuntu and then when it was rejected took his ball home
and decided to slam the distro as a whole.

I am curious as to see what exactly he would consider a great distrobution
and what his "target audience" was.  Have of the problems he had seemed
more like a Gnome related problem that one would find w/ any distro out
there.   Am I mistaken?  I am not the most knowledgeable linux expert out
there yet I found myself thinking about how I didn't care about half the
stuff he was talking about.