NewWikiAnnouncement

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed Oct 27 17:37:04 UTC 2004

Louise McCance-Price wrote:
> Hiya sparkes

Hi Lu

> In the Plone website we have different content types.  Depending on what
> content type, we have different formats available.

<snip list>

> What do you suggest we use? MoinMoin for the wiki? reStructured text
> when we can and Structured text when reStructured text is not available
> as the default?
>
> It would be good to standardise it. Perhaps Structured text for the
> entire website and MoinMoin for the wiki?

I think reStructured test whenever possible and structured text when not
possible.  It helps to standardise these things and if we only use
MoinMoin for the docs already written that way we can start developing a
structure of portable documentation.

> what are your thoughts?

My main thought is the semantics of the text is far more important that
the style of the text.  We should be thinking in terms of what the text
means semantically (headings, paragraphs, lists, chapters etc) rather
than how it looks.

Although moin allows us to do this it is also pretty much limited to the
wiki.  ReST would be the best option IMHO due to it's portability.

> Thanks
> Lu

sparkes

--
<davee> "Sparkes, the Pete Best of LugRadio"