SVN commit status

Alexander Poslavsky alexander.poslavsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 06:16:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:57:06 -0600, John Hornbeck
<hornbeck at freeshell.org> wrote:
> I would like us to discuss who should have commit status and what should
> be the rules for obtaining commit status for svn.  Up until now anyone
> who ask basicly get commit rights.  I do not think this how we should
> proceed as I am a fan of building yourself in the community before you
> have full rights to be able to change major packages.  I may be wrong
> and if so set me right :-)  What should we do about this?
>
> John
>
> I really like the idea of patches being sent to the list so everyone can
> review them, and also I know that once the server moves to the Ubuntu
> server farm, not everyone will be allowed to commit.

Seems to be a good idea. We will need somebody responsible for aplying
those patches then.
Maybe something like: After somebody has 10(random binary number out
of my hat, can be any number) successfull commits to svn (through
patches), he has proved to be an asset, and get (after discussion
among the others with veto right) an svn commit-password.

greets, AP