Outline for book is now on the wiki.

John Hornbeck hornbeck at freeshell.org
Mon Nov 1 01:45:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 00:18 +0000, Ben Edwards wrote:
> Great start - I still think there should be a section at the beginning
> saying who the book is for - i.e. its Audience.

> I would also like to see a section on media players.  Playing mp3,
> ogg, DVD .mpg movies (including, dare I say it .avi/divX).  this is
> all stuff people expect of a Modern Desktop and the kind of thing
> casual users would be likely to need.
>
> A section on burning CD-DVD for backups/making music CDs would also be
> good as this is also a biggie for a lot of users.
>
> I assume the sections on email and firefox are both 'using/setting up'
>
> I would also like to see in all cases when an application is mentioned
> in the contence the application (i.e. Editing Graphics) and its name
> (The gimp Mentioned).
>
> And lastly, possibly as an appendix - a list of other useful software
> and what they do.
>
> Ben

Feel free to add what you want on the wiki.  I will be taking all the
stuff from the wiki and adding to it and taking away and just editing in
general when it is time to pursue publishing.  Feel free to put what you
want in now and hopefully this will grow to be a great user guide/book
for everyone.

John Hornbeck
http://hornbeck.freeshell.org/blogger