Mooloolaba Ubuntu-focused Bazaar sprint

Francis J. Lacoste francis.lacoste at canonical.com
Fri Nov 6 15:45:46 GMT 2009

On November 6, 2009, Martin Pool wrote:
> We're having a Bazaar sprint next week (before UDS) in Queensland.
> The main focus is on getting on track to help Ubuntu in coming months.
>
> (Cross-posting generally seems to turn into a mess, so for that reason
> I think we should normally pick whichever one list is closest - in
> this case, I think UDD.)
>
> The main thing I want to get out of this sprint is not a bunch of
> specs, but a reorientation of the Bazaar team (and friends) towards
> things that will particularly help Ubuntu get UDD moving along.
>
> Session topics:
>  * Review of the current state of UDD.
>  * "Teach me packaging" - let's get some more bzr plugins packaged, so
> that more people on the team learn how the tools work and what kind of
> problems you might encounter.
>  * Design session on patch management tools: looms, pipelines, etc.

Please also discuss bzr-builder as this is currently seen as the tool to embed
in Launchpad for building source package branches.

>  * Pair hacking sessions to fix some Ubuntu-affecting bugs.
>  * Parallel import support.
>  * The import service: what needs to be done?
>
> and some more Bazaar-focused sessions:
>  * Retrospective on past releases.
>  * General UI refresh considerations.
>  * Effectiveness and efficiency: what's good and bad about the way we
> work now?
>  * Bugtracker: how do we plan/schedule/select what to work on next,
> and report on what we're doing?  How do we provide a "progress bar"
> for Canonical management?
>  * Some lightning talks, if possible amusingly irrelevant.
>  * User experience of formats and upgrades.

You might also want to try to do a VSM for adding features and/or bugs in Bzr
to discover your greatest bottlenecks?

Also, you could discuss some ways you can start tracking lead time and cycle
time on bugs/features.

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste