Mooloolaba Ubuntu-focused Bazaar sprint

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Nov 6 08:00:37 GMT 2009

We're having a Bazaar sprint next week (before UDS) in Queensland.
The main focus is on getting on track to help Ubuntu in coming months.

(Cross-posting generally seems to turn into a mess, so for that reason
I think we should normally pick whichever one list is closest - in
this case, I think UDD.)

The main thing I want to get out of this sprint is not a bunch of
specs, but a reorientation of the Bazaar team (and friends) towards
things that will particularly help Ubuntu get UDD moving along.

Session topics:
 * Review of the current state of UDD.
 * "Teach me packaging" - let's get some more bzr plugins packaged, so
that more people on the team learn how the tools work and what kind of
problems you might encounter.
 * Design session on patch management tools: looms, pipelines, etc.
 * Pair hacking sessions to fix some Ubuntu-affecting bugs.
 * Parallel import support.
 * The import service: what needs to be done?

and some more Bazaar-focused sessions:
 * Retrospective on past releases.
 * General UI refresh considerations.
 * Effectiveness and efficiency: what's good and bad about the way we
work now?
 * Bugtracker: how do we plan/schedule/select what to work on next,
and report on what we're doing?  How do we provide a "progress bar"
for Canonical management?
 * Some lightning talks, if possible amusingly irrelevant.
 * User experience of formats and upgrades.

Additions/etc welcome,

-- Martin