git-ubuntu MPs in the sponsorship queue

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 9 11:32:38 UTC 2023

On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 05:41:04PM +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> I've arranged for MPs against git-ubuntu repositories to appear in the
> sponsorship queue[1].

I was using the fact that ~ubuntu-sponsors is requested for review in a
git-ubuntu MP to make it appear in the sponsorship queue. But if
somebody in ~ubuntu-sponsors reviews (let's say with Needs Fixing) then
they "grab" that review slot, and ~ubuntu-sponsors no longer has one. I
think this might cause the entry to disappear from the sponsorship queue
- for example after the contributor has fixed the issue.

Any suggestions on what I should do instead?

On the Server Team, we use a review slot for ~canonical-server-reporter
that nobody is a member of in order to avoid this happening. That way
the "marker" remains. But to do this for ~ubuntu-sponsors would mean we
have to use a separate team name.

Separately, there's a bot[1] that actually adds ~ubuntu-sponsors as a
reviewer if there is nobody else, which I think his how most git-ubuntu
MPs that need sponsoring are getting to the queue in the first place.
Maybe that could subscribe ~ubuntu-sponsors-reporter instead, and I
could adjust the sponsorship queue to display both?

Robie

[1] https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/+git/ubuntu-helpers/tree/rbasak/lp_auto_sponsor.py