git-ubuntu MPs in the sponsorship queue

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 9 19:13:29 UTC 2023

On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 12:32:38PM +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 05:41:04PM +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> > I've arranged for MPs against git-ubuntu repositories to appear in the
> > sponsorship queue[1].

> I was using the fact that ~ubuntu-sponsors is requested for review in a
> git-ubuntu MP to make it appear in the sponsorship queue. But if
> somebody in ~ubuntu-sponsors reviews (let's say with Needs Fixing) then
> they "grab" that review slot, and ~ubuntu-sponsors no longer has one. I
> think this might cause the entry to disappear from the sponsorship queue
> - for example after the contributor has fixed the issue.

> Any suggestions on what I should do instead?

You don't have to claim the ~ubuntu-sponsors review slot to leave comments
on an MP; indeed, unless you explicitly claim it on behalf of the team, it
remains there.  You can't add yourself as an additional reviewer, but I
think that's fine, it should be one or the other - either you're claiming
the review on behalf of ubuntu-sponsors and then it should be taken out of
the queue and you should be responsible for following through, or you're
*not* taking it out of the queue and then you also don't need to be listed
as a separate approver.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/