+1 maintenance shift (07/AUG - 11/AUG)

Andreas Hasenack andreas at canonical.com
Sun Aug 13 15:43:39 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 10:48 AM Shengjing Zhu
<shengjing.zhu at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 12, 2023 at 5:40 AM Andreas Hasenack <andreas at canonical.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > I spent the whole afternoon today trying to get an arm64 mantic VM to
> > troubleshoot this (it has to be a VM), but that was very difficult.
> > canonistack isn't an option. My raspberry pi4 fails to launch a lxd VM
> > (similar to https://github.com/canonical/lxd/issues/7191, but
> > disabling secureboot didn't help: ~LXD is investigating).
>
> I really like the "Debian Quick Image Baker pre-baked images"
> https://people.debian.org/~gio/dqib/
>
> You just need to download a ZIP archive, and it even contains the
> complicated qemu command to run.
>
> Has someone tried to port it to Ubuntu? Or do we have similar tools?

Oh, there are other ways. multipass is one, uvtool is another.

I ended up using uvtool + libvirt on the pi4. I briefly tried
multipass, and while it would also work it seems, I would heve to
configure it to store the images elsewhere. This is a raspberry pi4
after all: the sd card is not really a good storage place. The
multipass snap only allows /mnt (removable media) and /home for
storage, which didn't really fit my usage scenario.