FAO flavors: Font changes in desktop-common

Gunnar Hjalmarsson ubuntu at gunnar.cc
Sun Aug 13 08:10:49 UTC 2023

Hello flavours!

There are some fonts related changes going on in the 23.10 development
cycle. Already implemented is that Noto fonts is now the default font
for e.g. web browsing also in Ubuntu. The fonts-noto-core package has
been added to desktop-common. I have also proposed that we drop
fonts-dejavu-core and fonts-freefont-ttf from desktop-common.

Please go to this discourse topic for more detailed info:

https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/fao-flavors-font-configuration-news-in-23-10/37114

I recommend that you consider the effect of the changes for respective
flavor, and ask you to provide your input for the case you have doubts
or objections. But please let's talk at discourse. The purpose of this
message is to call your attention to the implemented and proposed changes.

--
Cheers,

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj