+1 maintenance report (14/Aug - 18/Aug)

Shengjing Zhu shengjing.zhu at canonical.com
Mon Aug 21 02:16:31 UTC 2023

Hi,

+ go-exploitdb
  Blocks the migration of golang-gopkg-cheggaaa-pb.v1.
  Upload 0.0~git20181130.7c961e7-3 and request sync LP: #2031610

+ gost
  Blocks the migration of golang-gopkg-cheggaaa-pb.v1.
  Upload 0.1.2-2 and request sync LP: #2031609

+ golang-github-labstack-echo
  autopkgtest fails due to http_proxy env and png file in testdata is mangled.
  Upload 4.11.1-2

+ golang-github-form3tech-oss-jwt-go
  - Upload goval-dictionary and go-cve-dictionary to get rid of
    golang-github-labstack-echo.{v2,v3} and golang-github-dgrijalva-jwt-go
  - File RM request for golang-github-labstack-echo.{v2, v3}
    Debian Bug #1049945, #1049946

+ golang-github-mdlayher-socket
  Test only fails on launchpad. Narrow down to the kernel version from focal.
  Upload 0.4.1-2

+ golang-github-protonmail-go-crypto
  The error message says "out of memory". I can reproduce this on a VM with
  500M memory.
  It's because the testdata in TestSymmetricDecryptionArgon2 uses a large
  memory exponent parameter.
  It's same as https://github.com/ProtonMail/go-crypto/pull/178 (But this bug
  is only for 32bit arch, and is fixed in this package).
  TestSymmetricDecryptionArgon2 is passed on 32bit arch, but only fails on
  arm64 and s390x. Maybe the autopkgtest VM for these two architectures has
  less memory? even less than armhf (I know it is lxd container instead VM, but
  not sure about the memory configurations).

  LP: #2032145

+ petsc4py
  I got trouble and wasted some time to reproduce the autopkgtest errors in
  local at first. It turns out to blame my autopkgtest docker images. Sign...
  I use autopkgtest-virt-docker and build the image from the ubuntu:mantic base
  image. But, it contains a /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/excludes file that excludes all
  /usr/share/doc/* files!
  So my local reproduce for petsc4py's run-demo test always fails with "No rule
  to make target 'all'" (What happens, where is the makefile??)

  The autopkgtest failure is caused by `-Wl,-z,defs` added in
  petsc/3.18.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1.
  The intention for `-Wl,-z,defs` looks good. But I still haven't find where to
  inject missing libraries in petsc4py's autopkgtest.
  Test code is in ./demo/wrap-swig/ dir, and it will reuses petsc's build
  configurations, and is located at /usr/lib/petsc64/lib/petsc/conf/, and is
  influenced by the flags that are set in build time.

  LP: #2032144

--
Shengjing Zhu