Legality of using free VMware Workstation Player for alpha and beta testing of Ubuntu?

Thomas Ward teward at thomas-ward.net
Mon May 16 17:57:41 UTC 2022

If you are in doubt for any reason, this is where you need to work with
a lawyer in your own jurisdiction to determine the legality.

None of us are lawyers, so any advice we give should be taken with a
grain of salt.  I don't think VMware will come after you though for
using it to test Ubuntu or Lubuntu.

Thomas
(sent without my @ubuntu.com because GMail addresses are involved)