VT console font

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.ledkov at canonical.com
Mon Jul 18 14:43:22 UTC 2022

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Jul 2022 at 13:36, Daniel van Vugt
<daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com> wrote:

> I find myself increasing the VT console font size on practically all modern
> machines:
>
>    sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup
>
> Is it perhaps time that Kinetic defaulted to a larger console font?

Is this upgraded machine, or fresh install? i think when we enabled
auto-detected high-dpi console fonts, we couldn't really do an upgrade
case as it was not possible to check/know if configuration was default
or manual.

Or do you want font even bigger, than what we boot into by default?

You can check stock behaviour by booting live usb stick and checking
how vt console font looks there for you.

--
okurrr,

Dimitri