+1 Maintenance report

Simon Chopin simon.chopin at canonical.com
Tue Aug 31 12:51:15 UTC 2021

Hello,

My apologies, it seems I never got around to send my +1 shift report,
so here it is.

I have been on +1 maintenance from 2021-08-16 to 2021-08-21. This was my first
+1 rotation, and since the impish feature freeze was on the 19th, a good chunk
of my work has been on getting new upstream versions merged or synced from
Debian before said freeze, or looking into autopkgtest failures preventing
migrations.

## `paperwork` autopkgtest (LP: #1937256)

I briefly looked into the `paperwork` autopkgtest failure on armhf. Since the
bug has been forwarded all the way upstream, I mostly contributed a quick guide
to reproduce the bug on the upstream tracker.

## `debos` autopkgtest (LP: #1940077)

Documented the autopkgtest failure in a LP bug linking to the Debian bug #98145.

## `git-remote-hg` sync (LP: #1940123)

Worked with the Debian QA team on fixing the autopktests, to then sync
the fixed version in
Ubuntu.

PS: As it turns out, the fix wasn't sufficient, and the Debian
developer was kind enough to
ping me to get the complete fix into Ubuntu, which was handled by ginggs.

## `ppp` merge (LP: #1912168)

Worked on merging the 2.4.9 upstream version into Ubuntu, which was
sponsored a few
hours before the freeze \o/.

Of course, I hadn't noticed that it would trigger a small transition, as there
are other packages providing plugins for pppd. ginggs graciously picked up the
slack, many thanks to him for explaining what had happened. Live and learn :)

## `cvise` merge

I looked into merging cvise, but concluded that it was not needed at the moment
as the Debian and Ubuntu versions were both in similar state.

## `dh-python` sync (LP: #1940405)

Opened a sync request for dh-python, documenting the rationale behind
it. As it's not
urgent, I just left it at the back of the sponsoring queue, to be
picked up for 22.04.

## `quassel` merge (LP: #1940410)

Worked on merging the quassel package to reduce the diff. Again, not
urgent, so the
debdiff sits quietly in the sponsoring queue.

## `racket` sync (LP: #1940423)

Asked for a sync for racket to get the latest upstream version in before the
freeze. The Ubuntu delta was to fix a FTBFS, which doesn't occur anymore,
either due to tne new upstream version or a change in our toolchain.

## `caml-crush` FTBFS (LP: #1940640)

A new version of OCaml broke the build of caml-crush. I fixed the build and
submitted a PR upstream, along with another one to fix a build problem related
to glibc removing the Sun RPC headers in 2.33. Both fixes have been
tested and merged
upstream (who are also the Debian maintainers).

That's all for me.

Cheers,
Simon