+1 maintenance report

Lucas Kanashiro lucas.kanashiro at canonical.com
Fri Aug 20 20:22:38 UTC 2021

Hi,

Below you can find a summary of what I did in my shift:

=== Packages migrated ===

- gpgme1.0 (migrated)
  + Retrigger golang-github-containers-buildah and libpod with the latest
    version of those packages in proposed.

- golang-github-containers-common (migrated)
  + Retrigger golang-github-containers-buildah and libpod with the latest
    version of those packages in proposed.

- r10k (migrated)
  + Apply patch to skip tests trying to change the proxy settings. They are
    failing only in the Ubuntu autopkgtest infrastructure because both are
    trying to change the same variable.
  + https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/r10k/+bug/1940104

- golang-golang-x-text (migrated)
  + Retrigger golang-github-nicksnyder-go-i18n.v2 test with the latest
version
    to grab the Go 1.16 fix.

- golang-gopkg-alecthomas-kingpin.v2 (migrated)
  + Retrigger golang-github-prometheus-common test with the latest version.

- ruby-rails-assets-diaspora-jsxc (migrated)
  + Submitted a change to the hints git repo to badtest
    ruby-rails-assets-diaspora-jsxc in i386. Its javascripts dependencies
are not
    available in i386.
  +
https://code.launchpad.net/~lucaskanashiro/britney/+git/hints-ubuntu-1/+merge/407283

- nsscache (migrated)
  + The package was synced from Debian but it still does not support
OpenLDAP
    2.5.x. Re-apply the delta we had before to fix the tests.
  + https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nsscache/+bug/1938942
  +
https://code.launchpad.net/~lucaskanashiro/ubuntu/+source/nsscache/+git/nsscache/+merge/407286

- xwayland (migrated)
  + Retrigger mir tests

=== Packages waiting for glib migration ===

- prometheus (waiting for glibc migration)
  + Apply upstream patch to fix a test with Go 1.16. A bug with the upstream
    patch was already filed and I see that the intention would be to let the
    fix land in Debian and then sync it, but we are already reaching the
feature
    freeze and there is some good improvements in this new prometheus
version
    that we should release in Impish (I am one of the maintainers in
Debian).
  + https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/prometheus/+bug/1930752

- redshift (waiting for glibc migration)
  + It is FTBFS at the moment after a NMU in Debian. The systemd service
files
    were removed but dh_missing is complaining because the files are still
in
    the build directory.
  + https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/redshift/+bug/1940465

- thrift (waiting for glibc migration)
  + The version in proposed FTBFS because it lacks PHP 8 and Go 1.16
support.
    Backported an upstream patch to add support for PHP8 and set
GO111MODULE to off.
  + https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thrift/+bug/1940473

=== Packages waiting for Debian ===

- rust-alacritty-terminal (waiting on Debian)
  + There is an unsatisfiable build dependency which will be dropped in
Debian
    when the latest upstream version is imported. The maintainer said this
will
    be done after the Debian release, so I think this should be fixed soon.
  +
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rust-alacritty-terminal/+bug/1940573

- gitlab-ci-multi-runner (waiting on Debian)
  + There are some missing build dependencies but also an incompatibility
with
    our docker library.
  + It is also blocked in Debian because of a CVE.
  +
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gitlab-ci-multi-runner/+bug/1940667

=== Misc ===

- consul (still needs some work)
  + Found an upstream patch to fix a TLS related test, allowing x509
    certificates comparison with Go 1.16.
  + https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/consul/+bug/1940152
  + It seems there is a missing dependency (github.com/hashicorp/vault)
  + This will likely unblock nomad (latest version from Debian)

- golang-golang-x-net (still needs some work)
  + Retrigger the tests of the following packages:
    * golang-github-prometheus-common
    * golang-github-go-resty-resty
    * golang-github-mattn-go-sqlite3
    * golang-github-smartystreets-assertions
    * golang-github-wellington-go-libsass

- golang-github-spf13-cobra (waiting for golang-yaml.v2 migration)
  + Retrigger golang-github-containerd-buildah tests with the version in
    proposed.

- request-tracker4(5)
  + It has a fix for the FTBFS staged in salsa but it seems that they will
not
    release it in time for Impish release.
  + https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/request-tracker5/+bug/1932076
  + Since feature freeze already started, I did not upload the package.

That's all for this week. Have a great weekend!

Lucas Kanashiro.