+1 maintenance report

Lukas Märdian lukas.maerdian at canonical.com
Fri Aug 13 15:39:00 UTC 2021

Here's my report for the week of August 09-13.
Unfortunately, I was out sick for a few days during this period, but I
could still
drive forward a few fixes, with special regard to the new GCC-11 FTBFS
issues
recently reported by doko.

### klibc ###

klibc / 2.0.8-6.1ubuntu2 (armhf)

Merge from Debian unstable and fix GCC-11 FTBFS on armhf due missing
minimum FPU
definition. Opting for "-mfpu=vfpv3-d16" as described in:
https://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort#Minimum_CPU_.26_FPU

### libdeflate ###

libdeflate / 1.7-1ubuntu2 (armhf)

Fix GCC-11 FTBFS on armhf due missing minimum FPU definition. Opting for
"-mfpu=vfpv3-d16" as described in:
https://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort#Minimum_CPU_.26_FPU

### swaylock ###

swaylock / 1.5-2ubuntu1

Fix GCC-11 FTBFS due to mismatched deallocation as reported & fixed
upstream:
https://github.com/swaywm/swaylock/issues/198
https://github.com/swaywm/swaylock/commit/366db5
Forwarded to Debian:
https://salsa.debian.org/swaywm-team/swaylock/-/merge_requests/2

### syncthing ###

Golang 1.17 incompatibility in tests due to outdated qtls/quic modules,
Debian
git/salsa contains an updated version, which needs some extra packaigng
work for
new dependencies, though. I did not dive too deep into this, due to my lack
of
Golang packaging experience, maybe someone else can support the pending
Debian
changes.

### monero ###

monero / 0.17.2.0+~0+20200826-1ubuntu1 (s390x)

The monero build FTBFS due to being killed by the kernel for OOM reasons,
as can
be seen in 'dmesg' after the failed build on a Canonistack instance
(m1.small):
[1627283.564413] Out of memory: Killed process 579048 (cc1plus)
total-vm:1780868kB, anon-rss:1718472kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:0kB,
UID:1000 pgtables:3478kB oom_score_adj:0
I'm not sure how much RAM the builders have available...
Building the package with "--no-parallel" relaxes the memory requirement a
bit
and seems to be working for now.

### abiword ###

abiword / 3.0.4~dfsg-3ubuntu1

C++17 does not allow dynamic exception specifications anymore, therefore we
need
to remove/replace the relevant throw() statements, as done upstream in 2017:
https://github.com/AbiWord/abiword/commit/ef29fc9 (not sure why this commit
isn't part of the 3.0.4 release – from 2019 – already...)
Forwarded to Debian:

### lksctp-tools ###

lksctp-tools / 1.0.19+dfsg-1

Sponsored this sync for schopin, dropping the Ubuntu delta that has been
applied
upstream.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lksctp-tools/+bug/1939411

### actor-framework ###

actor-framework / 0.17.6-2ubuntu1

FTBFS with GCC-11 due to a missing "#include <limits>" statement, as fixed
upstream in v0.18.0:
https://github.com/actor-framework/actor-framework/commit/a080891
Forwarded to Debian:

### phoc/posh ###

phoc vs wlroots (transition)

wlroots 0.13 and sway 1.6 bring some nice improvements wrt. to snap &
flatpak
integration on wayland, but unfortunately phoc is blocking the auto-wlroots
transition.
After talking to the upstream developers, it seems like phoc will not be
compatible with wlroots 0.13 but needs 0.14.1 (+some fixes) straight away.
We cannot currently package/provide wlroots 0.14.1 in Debian or Ubuntu due
to a missing new dependency on libseat/seatd. Also the 0.8.0 release of phoc
is not ready for wlroots 0.14.1 either, but needs some additional WIP
changes,
as suggested in upstream MP#241:

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/phoc/-/merge_requests/241/
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/phoc/+bug/1938404

I see two options to resolve this situation:
1/ drop src:phoc & src:posh from impish-release for now, keeping auto-sync
   enabled, so we can get the new version as soon as it's compatible with
   wlroots 0.14
2/ drop src:sway 1.6-1 & src:wlroots 0.13.0-1 from impish-proposed, missing
out
   on sway's new snap integration features.
As I am a user of sway myself and don't think phoc/posh has lots of traction
inside Ubuntu, I think we should (temporarily) remove src:phoc & src:posh
from
impish-release, re-syncing those packages next cycle after they are
compatible
with newer wlroots 0.14.

### gauche-gtk ###

gauche / gauche-gtk / gauche-gl / libguess / scmail / wiliki

Following up on Heather's and Bryce's investigations, I created a removal
bug for gauche-gtk (and the whole gauche* stack). gauche-gtk is
unmaintained upstream and has been dropped from Debian testing last year (
https://tracker.debian.org/news/1170884/gauche-gtk-removed-from-testing/)
Although, the whole stack has not (yet) been dropped from Debian testing,
it is
still pretty outdated and unmaintained an we should remove, drop and
sync-block
all source and binary packages for:
src:gauche
src:gauche-gtk
src:gauche-gl
src:libguess
src:scmail
src:wiliki
=> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gauche-gtk/+bug/1939875

### TODO ###
- Extra syncthing Golang packaging, to support the pending Debian work
- AA to remove the gauche* stack from the archive
- handle phoc vs auto-wlroots transition

Cheers,
  Lukas