Sponsorship of fix for OpenVDB package in focal

Richard Viney richard at lightspeedgraphics.co.nz
Mon Sep 21 07:52:55 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm a new contributor attempting to get an issue with focal's openvdb
package fixed. The original bug report is here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openvdb/+bug/1882998

I've done everything I can see for the SRU procedure, i.e. filling out the
issue template, doing a debdiff for the change, and subscribing
ubuntu-sponsors to the bug.

However, it's been a couple of weeks and I haven't had any response, so I'm
wondering if the problem is that the original bug has already been tagged
as "Fix Released". It's true that a fix has been released, but only as part
of groovy, not as an update to focal, and my aim is to get this regression
with openvdb fixed in the current LTS if at all possible (for the reasons
outlined in the bug report comments).

Is there anything further I can do to help move this along?

Thanks.