Fwd: Call for votes: Developer Membership Board restaffing

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 25 11:50:05 UTC 2020

Hi Dan,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 08:34:27AM -0500, Dan Streetman wrote:
> @rbasak, for future DMB elections, I suggest you cc the ubuntu-devel
> list, so people have a chance to reply with questions for candidates.

I didn't think it appropriate to comment while the election was in
progress as I was also standing. I'm responding now that the election is
over.

I'm not sure it's appropriate to Cc ubuntu-devel@ - that will create
duplication for many readers, is not the convention I've seen used
before, and it's generally understood by Ubuntu developers that
discussion in response to an ubuntu-devel-announce@ post should be taken
to an appropriate list.

I do take the point though that it's important to enable discussion. If
I ever run an election again, I intend to add a period of time set aside
for discussion which would take place after nominees are announced but
before the vote begins. This hasn't been done before, but I assume
nobody would object to that.

I am writing up the process for running a DMB election now, and will
include that.

HTH,

Robie