Fwd: Call for votes: Developer Membership Board restaffing

Micah Gersten micahg at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 21 21:17:15 UTC 2020

Let's try again with text...

On February 19, 2020 7:34:27 AM CST, Dan Streetman <dan.streetman at canonical.com> wrote:
<Snip/>

>On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:38 AM Robie Basak <robie.basak at ubuntu.com>
>wrote:
>>
>> The Developer Membership Board (DMB) has started a restaffing vote
>for
>> the seven members whose terms are expiring. The DMB is responsible
>for
>> reviewing and approving new Ubuntu developers. It evaluates
>prospective
>> Ubuntu developers and decides when to entrust them with developer
>> privileges. There are eight candidates:
>>
>> Ɓukasz Zemczak (sil2100)
>> Dan Streetman (ddstreet)
>> Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)
>> Thomas Ward (teward)
>> Eric Desrochers (slashd)
>> Micah Gersten (micahg)
>
>Hello @micahg, and thank you for your service on the DMB for all these
>years (since 2011)!
>
>However, I can't help but take note that even though you are a DMB
>member, you did not attend a single DMB meeting in 2019.  Since quorum
>has been a serious problem for the DMB, could you please provide some
>insight about why you want to remain on the board, and what your
>thoughts are about improving meeting attendance in the future?
>
>Thanks!

I originally wasn't going to remain on the board for this reason since I've had schedule conflicts.  However, I would like to try to ensure that there is a functioning board, so I submitted my name to insure there was a vote.  I remember showing up for at least one meeting at the end of the year with no quorum or agenda.  In that case there was no meeting and no roll call.
Anyways, I do intend to try to make at least one meeting per month.

Thanks,
Micah