Bileto and RiscV64

Balint Reczey balint.reczey at canonical.com
Thu Aug 27 14:27:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 1:44 AM Steve Langasek
<steve.langasek at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 06:00:58PM -0300, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > The builders for riscv64 are very slow, and since bileto wails for all
> > builds to be ready, each ticket can take dozens of hours. Even if I
> > disable that arch in the ppa (via a #webops request), bileto later
> > enables it again.
>
> > Could we do one of the following:
> > - disable riscv64 by default on bileto, and make it so it can be
> > enabled (and remain enabled) in the ppa if the user so wants it
> > - start bileto tests as soon as an arch build is ready, instead of
> > waiting for them all to be ready as it is today
> > - something else I haven't thought of :)

Internally we already had discussions about disabling tests in riscv64
builds to speed them up.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dpkg/+bug/1891686

As I understand it got a green light, just no one uploaded the fix yet.

Cheers,
Balint

> I mean, the other alternative is to not use bileto, which is not part of the
> normal workflow and results in duplicate tests anyway?
>
> > I know we want to have packages working on riscv64, but since it's not
> > blocking migration in the real archive, it seems unfair that it blocks
> > bileto so much.
>
> It is possible that updating the britney instance used for bileto to match
> the current code used for -proposed would address this.
>
> --
> Steve Langasek                   Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
> Debian Developer                   to set it on, and I can move the world.
> Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
> slangasek at ubuntu.com                                     vorlon at debian.org

Balint Reczey
Ubuntu & Debian Developer