Bileto and RiscV64

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 26 23:43:56 UTC 2020

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 06:00:58PM -0300, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> Hi,

> The builders for riscv64 are very slow, and since bileto wails for all
> builds to be ready, each ticket can take dozens of hours. Even if I
> disable that arch in the ppa (via a #webops request), bileto later
> enables it again.

> Could we do one of the following:
> - disable riscv64 by default on bileto, and make it so it can be
> enabled (and remain enabled) in the ppa if the user so wants it
> - start bileto tests as soon as an arch build is ready, instead of
> waiting for them all to be ready as it is today
> - something else I haven't thought of :)

I mean, the other alternative is to not use bileto, which is not part of the
normal workflow and results in duplicate tests anyway?

> I know we want to have packages working on riscv64, but since it's not
> blocking migration in the real archive, it seems unfair that it blocks
> bileto so much.

It is possible that updating the britney instance used for bileto to match
the current code used for -proposed would address this.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/