Follow Up from "Let's Discuss Interim Releases"

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Fri Mar 8 07:51:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Jono Bacon wrote:
> I presume that if there is no proposed change, there would be no
> proposal to take to the TB,

The status-quo has both merits and demerits.  It is necessary to
evaluate those as thoughly as the rest, to adequately explore the
problem, and available solution space(s).

Without doing that most basic of academic basework, any presumed
improvement is likely to be flawed in proposition and implementation.

It would be like running a study without a control group baseline to
evaluate results against;  or more frankly, like expecting a perfect
outcome when urinating in an area of high atomspheric pressure.

Thusly Jono, I respectfully disagree: the donkey work should be done.

	-Paul