Debian Sync - Re: Let's Discuss Interim Releases (and a Rolling Release)

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 1 05:03:37 UTC 2013

Micah Gersten [2013-02-28 13:33 -0600]:
> Yes, but our britney doesn't delay migration to allow for testing of the
> built packages or block based on RC bugs filed.

Not on RC bugs, but we can still block them manually. Pinging any
release team member about that works right now.

What appears to be a crucial prerequisite for this is to integrate our
autopkgtest results into britney, though.

> Perhaps if we had our own version of unstable/testing in the rolling
> release, we could approach that level of quality.

We have the raring-proposed staging area, which is kind of like that?

Martin