Using the HUD DBus service under Gnome

Jason Heeris jason.heeris at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 09:33:19 UTC 2013

I've been playing around with the DBus interface for Unity's HUD and
have been able to get it to work with some success (if there's
official documentation available somewhere, that would be nice, but
the values that I'm getting back are pretty self-explanatory).

Under Unity I get search results, but under Gnome 3.6 I don't get any
for the same parameters. Is there something easy I can do so that
applications run under Gnome have their menu contents available for
the HUD too?

Cheers,
Jason Heeris