pkgbinarymangler and building translated Sphinx documentation

Evan Broder evan at ebroder.net
Tue Mar 13 03:55:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio
<a.starr.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> I sent this to pitti a few days ago, seems like he hasn't had a chance
> to get to it. In retrospect, he's probably not the only one that has
> the answer to this question so there's really no reason to have
> contacted him directly. Additionally, folks on this list might know of
> packages that could benefit from a rebuild if this change is made.

Looking through the code for pkgbinarymangler, I don't see a way for a
package to opt out of translations on its own.

However, there is a way for packages to opt in: the
(http://bit.ly/zOk3jP) - seems like that could be fairly easily
extended to support "no".

Also, there is a blacklist of packages that shouldn't be translated in
the pkgbinarymangler package: <http://bit.ly/wk9qhM> - you could have
the packaging guide added to that.