lintian.ubuntuwire.org

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Nov 9 02:06:28 UTC 2011

On 11/08/2011 08:38 PM, Evan Broder wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:55 AM, Evan Broder<evan at ebroder.net>  wrote:
>> We talked about this in the other-p-plusonemaint-infrastructure
>> session yesterday. I have some experience with this from setting up
>> lintian.debathena.org, so I volunteered to see if I can get something
>> up and running quickly on ubuntuwire.org. ajmitch has told me that
>> uw.o has the resources to host the local archive mirror that's
>> required; it'll just take a little bit of shuffling around. I'm
>> hopeful that I can get an early prototype up and running by the end of
>> UDS.
>
> This is now live at<http://lintian.ubuntuwire.org/>. Thanks to
> ajmitch and others for assisting with the setup!
>
> I have it set to update about once an hour, though I might crank it
> down a bit if it has problems keeping up.
>
> It's using the lintian source package from Precise, with a tiny number
> of templating and theming patches. Updating to a new lintian version
> is a manual process, so please ping me if I don't notice new versions
> landing.
>
> I've tried to change all the links to debian.org sites to their
> Ubuntu/Launchpad counterparts, but let me know if I missed any.
>
> I'm also aware that we're currently spitting out an
> unknown-field-in-control lintian tag from the Original-Maintainer
> field on every binary package, which seems to be pkgbinarymangler's
> fault. I'm planning to follow up with lintian upstream to see if we
> can come up with a mutually agreeable way to suppress that.
>
> Other future plans include:
> interesting queries against the output
>   - Generating a set of reports based just on Ubuntu-specific or
> Ubuntu-modified packages
>   - Attempting to add a lintian tag to catch the .xz binary/dpkg
> Pre-Depends issue
>
> If there is more that lintian.uw.o could be doing for you, please let me know!

I noticed a couple of tags that should be handled differently in Ubuntu
than Debian and apparently aren't yet:

http://lintian.ubuntuwire.org/tags/lzma-deb-archive.html

and

http://lintian.ubuntuwire.org/tags/new-essential-package.html

python-minimal has been essential in Ubuntu (but not Debian) for a long
time, so the list should be adjusted under the Ubuntu profile.

Scott K