Evan Broder evan at
Wed Nov 9 05:21:41 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at> wrote:
> I noticed a couple of tags that should be handled differently in Ubuntu than
> Debian and apparently aren't yet:

I've modified my copy of the lintian source to no longer emit that tag
under the Ubuntu vendor profile, submitted a patch upstream to do the
same, and manually tweaked the results for any cases where we already
threw that tag. That page is now clean.

> and
> python-minimal has been essential in Ubuntu (but not Debian) for a long
> time, so the list should be adjusted under the Ubuntu profile.

Hmm, ok. Like unknown-field-in-control, that tag is generally useful,
but wrong for the specific value of python-minimal. I've opened a
discussion with lintian upstream about reasonable ways to deal with
that using their vendor profiles, but I don't have a good solution

Thanks for pointing those out,
 - Evan