[ubuntu/oneiric] gnome-python 2.28.1-2svn1 (Accepted)

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Sun May 29 17:22:20 UTC 2011

On 05/29/2011 06:49 PM, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello Matthias,
>
> Matthias Klose [2011-05-29 17:47 +0200]:
>>>    Upload current Debian svn to oneiric. We drop all our remaining changes:
>>>    - -dbg packages: huge delta for little benefit, and this package is rather
>>>       obsolete
>>
>> why do you drop the bindings for the -dbg interpreter without further discussion?
>
> We quickly discussed in #u-desktop on Friday and agreed to get back in
> sync with Debian, as we never really used the -dbg packages, they
> cause a large Delta,

Having the extensions available for the python-dbg interpreter is a huge help,
when you really need to debug something, or else you start rebuilding every
extension.  I cannot say how often these are used for this package, but
extensions for the debug interpreter should be available for most commonly used
extensions (like pygtk and python-qt).

> and gnome-python is obsolete and doesn't even
> work with GNOME 3 (replaced with gobject-introspection).

fair enough, but then please just add 'obsolte' to the changelog.

   Matthias