Patch pilot report, 2011-05-30

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon May 30 12:41:10 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I just finished my 4 hour patch pilot shift. When I started this
morning, there were 102 items in the queue, when I left there were 60.

 - lp:~allison/ubuntu/oneiric/backuppc/no-perl-suid: do quick security review,
   merge/upload
 - icedtea-web (#766559, natty-proposed): uploaded, add recommendation what to
   do for oneiric
 - lp:~shnatsel/ubuntu/natty/b43-fwcutter/b43-fwcutter-fix-769442: was already
   uploaded, marked so
 - lp:~xaba/ubuntu/natty/pytrainer/bug-694603: needs more work, set to WIP
 - gnome-session (#710171): can't fix for natty, fixed in oneiric; commented
   and sponsors unsubscribed
 - padevchooser (#632468): has been unmaintained upstream for 3 years (last
   upload in hardy), replaced with pavucontrol; removed package from oneiric
   and "wontfix"
 - acpid (#776687): Checked, and then noticed that oneiric already has this;
   closed
 - contacts (#778041): Approved sync
 - lp:~rexbron/ubuntu/oneiric/xvba-video/fix-for-778071: most of the changes
   already area in oneiric; pick out the remaining relevant one, merge/upload
 - lp:~om26er/ubuntu/natty/empathy/empathy-fix-769234: applied patch to correct
   branch, uploaded to oneiric and natty-proposed
 - lp:~valavanisalex/ubuntu/oneiric/inkscape/fix-726850: patch renaming part
   was done wrongly, and unjustified; translation domain handling should be
   done with dh-translations instead; I did the latter and uploaded
 - check/ack libnet-ssleay-perl sync (#790096)
 - review opencv (#756154): comment, point out better solution, unsubscribe
   sponsors
 - matplotlib merge (#607395): uploaded
 - pyside (#707794): verify that patch is in oneiric already, upload to
   natty-proposed
 - metacity (#784838): provided package was built on top of an earlier ubuntu
   version; merge them together and fix up patches, commit to bzr, upload
 - lp:~jtaylor/ubuntu/natty/foolscap/foolscap-fix-782414: merge, upload
 - lp:~pali/ubuntu/natty/plymouth/plymouth: big patch to add new feature;
   suggested to file it as a bug upstream instead; reject MP for this branch
   into natty, as it's not an appropriate SRU
 - libxfixes (#789748): uploaded

I also cleaned up two handfuls of bzr package importer diff branches;
they were usually empty (for whatever reason), or just were noise due
to unapplied vs.  applied patches. During my shift a whole shipload of
empty edgy/feisty/gutsy/intrepid merge proposals came in, and I played
whack-a-MP to clean them up. Why do we even run this on obsolete
stuff?

Thanks,

Martin