Get ready for Ubuntu Developer Week

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 28 12:35:42 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

On 02/11/2011 01:04 PM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> I'm very happy to announce Ubuntu Developer Week again. It's going to
> happen from 28th February to 4th March.

just a quick reminder: day 1 of Ubuntu Developer Week is today!

Here's what's happening today:

 * 16:00 UTC: Getting Started with Ubuntu Development: It’s my turn to
   kick off Ubuntu Developer Week and I’ll introduce you to generally
   Ubuntu Development and get you set up for the rest of the week.
   Let’s see how much time we have. Maybe we get to toy around with the
   development tools a little bit as well.
 * 18:00 UTC: Introduction to Ubuntu Distributed Development: Barry
   Warsaw is up next and will talk about how next-generation Ubuntu
   Development works. How to branch source packages, how to work on
   them and how to share your good work.
 * 19:00 UTC: Taking a bite out of Unity: Jorge Castro and Jason Smith
   are going to introduce you to how Unity is developed and how you fit
   into the team, how you can help out and bring more greatness to the
   Ubuntu Desktop.
 * 20:00 UTC: Getting your fixes into Ubuntu, how to make sponsors
   happy: The last session of the day will bring you in the perfect
   position to get started, get cracking and help out. Stefano Rivera
   will explain how to submit your patches and branches and get them
   included without any hassle.

Join us in #ubuntu-classroom today.

More information: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek

Have a great UDW,
 Daniel

--
Join Ubuntu Developer Week, 28th February - 4th March
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek