Regarding launchpad bug 706603 (gem1.9.1 doens't install executables on PATH)

Daigo Moriwaki daigo at debian.org
Wed Feb 9 14:45:49 UTC 2011

Zygmunt,

Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:
> For details please check the final comments in the discussion. If you
> have any objections to this change please add your thoughts there. If
> you agree I'd like to ask you to work with me on changing this in Debian
> and Ubuntu in a consistent way.
>
> You can find the conversation here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ruby1.9.1/+bug/706603

Thank you for the notice.

Instead of repeating this topic here, please read dialogs in a long thread:

We have decided that gems will install in /usr/local, as you are discussing, and
waited for the Squeeze release to come out. I have started making a new package
for a new upstream release, then a patch to achieve the change.

Regards,
Daigo

--
Daigo Moriwaki