ari-tczew to be excluded from Ubuntu community

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Apr 8 21:25:32 UTC 2011

On Friday, April 08, 2011 05:19:30 PM Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2011, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Do we have something similar to debian-private in Ubuntu?
> >
> > God forbid :p
>
>  Eh; yet it would still be "less private" than the subset of people who
>  made the decision, while not being entirely public.
>
>  Such a permanent list would have potential for abuse though, and its
>  mere existence would cause people to wonder how much is being discussed
>  on it.

I think it's overkill to create such a permanent resource for instances where
private communication among Ubuntu members is needed.  I think that in this
particular case, Ubuntu members should be able to get access to the relevant
information in private, but I don't think such a general resource is required
or a good idea.  I'd suggest the process be that interested members mail the
cc list and someone on the cc will mail them a gpg encrypted tarball.

Scott K