ari-tczew to be excluded from Ubuntu community

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 8 21:24:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2011, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> > Do we have something similar to debian-private in Ubuntu?
>> God forbid :p
>
>  Eh; yet it would still be "less private" than the subset of people who
>  made the decision, while not being entirely public.
>
>  Such a permanent list would have potential for abuse though, and its
>  mere existence would cause people to wonder how much is being discussed
>  on it.

To be honest, it's really not that bad of an idea. Some things tend to
"snowball" when they are on public lists, it would almost be nice to
have a list that's not council-only (we do have private lists already,
this would actually move some council talk into the members-only
lists) to talk about issues that might be "hot-button" in the
blag-o-sphere.

IMHO, we'd not be taking public discussion private, rather taking
private discussion to a more public list. As long as we state this
policy somewhere, we can point to the wondering few about the
"double-secret-probation list" to the wiki page.

> --
> Loïc Minier

ubuntu-private would be really nice, IMHO.

-Paul

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq