[Ubuntuone-users] CouchDB 1.0 SRU to 10.04 LTS

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 30 14:12:48 GMT 2010

Rodney Dawes [2010-11-27 11:14 -0500]:
> The problem with shipping couchdb 1.0 as a separate binary package (or
> set thereof), means that it's no longer a simple SRU to 10.04.

From my point of view, and at a scale how intrusive it is it is a lot
simpler than updating the main couchdb package, though.

> As well as an SRU for couchdb on 10.10 (which already ships 1.0, and
> would need to reconcile the split on upgrade)

Should be a simple Conflicts:/Replaces:/Provides: addition to the
couchdb package?

> and get the same dependency changes for 10.10 into 11.04.

That sounds easy.

> There are also other security fixes included in the set of changes from
> 0.10 to 1.0, which means anyone actually using 0.10 is probably going to
> have to update anyway.

This is an unrelated, but equally important problem. If we aren't able
to provide security updates for 0.10 in lucid, then it means that it
should have never been accepted into main in the first place. So we
are stuck with it, especially since we don't expect everyone to
install from -updates (just from -security).

Martin