Discontinuation of libhid library in Ubuntu 10.10 causes problems for psytoolkit

psytoolkit psytoolkit at zoho.com
Sat Nov 27 09:36:46 GMT 2010

Fact:
The libhid-devel and libhid0 library packages (a usb device library) have been
removed from Ubuntu 10.10, but were still available in 10.04.

The problem this causes:
I am developer of psytoolkit (http://psytoolkit.leeds.ac.uk) and psytoolkit users can no
longer install my ubuntu package depending on libhid.

The (now) failing package because of lacking libhid:
http://psytoolkit.leeds.ac.uk/download/psytoolkit_1.0.2.deb

Background info:
psytoolkit is not part of ubuntu or debian repositories, because psytoolkit is only
used by a small group of people. That said, it is a professional package of importance.

Questions:
I would like to make it easy for users to install psytoolkit on their ubuntu systems, but
now it becomes a real hassle. Would it be possible to get it back into the repositories? If not,
what do you recommend me to do?

Thanks!