Lucid changes to Firefox default search provider

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Thu Jan 28 19:51:05 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 07:53:03AM -0500, John Vivirito wrote:
> We should really have it somewhere users can see it outside of
> release note or at the very least we should offer a comment
> that points to release notes. Not many users read release
> notes so they would never know and end up reporting bugs. that
> is a lot of bugs to triage and set invalid.

No, the release notes is the right place.  We certainly don't want to
get in the habit of "this bit of info is too important to risk users not
seeing it, let's impose a popup!"  -- that way lies madness.

Rather, the solution is to encourage people to read release notes.  I
would expect that anyone technical enough to care about which search
engine is used and then want to report a bug about it, would be
technical enough to know to read the release notes first.

Bryce