-nouveau now set as the default driver for Nvidia hardware

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 23 21:58:20 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 05:00:09AM EST, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> TheMuso has sent in a patch to disable nouveau on PPC, which I'll try to
> get in for a3.  Pity it doesn't work, I'd encourage those with access to
> ppc hardware to continue testing nouveau independently to resolve the
> issues, since we're not going to be putting energy into -nv going
> forward.

To clarify, for now the xserver-xorg-video-nouveau package will be removed from the powerpc CDs, as it depends on a linux backport modules package that is not available for powerpc. I am going to look into getting such a package built this weekend, as I'd like to see this re-enstated for now. This is a temporary work-around to get disks buildable and usable again.

Luke