Call for testing: lvm2, dmsetup and friends

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 13 07:59:46 GMT 2010

I've been working on the lvm2 merge, which also merges devmapper into the
lvm2 package.  I have tested LVM non-root, LVM root, and limited cryptsetup
configurations.  I would like more testing, especially DM-RAID, which I
don't have hardware to test with.

If you're comfortable with handling LVM boot failures, etc, please try the
lvm2 from my PPA[1] (NB the binary packages that used to be in devmapper
have retained their upstream versioning, just to add to the confusion).

Please report any successes or failures either here or to me directly;
I'd like to get this uploaded soon, as several things are blocked on
getting the latest devmapper into the archive.

Thanks!

-Kees

[1] https://launchpad.net/~kees/+archive/ppa

--