Default reviewer for Ubuntu merge proposals?

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Feb 10 22:13:46 GMT 2010

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:25:53 +0000, James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
>   * we should set a contact address for ~ubuntu-dev so that direct members
>     don't get all merge proposal email. I would suggest somehow routing this
>     to ubuntu-reviews at .

I want to make this change now, but I don't want to use ~ubuntu-dev
until it has a contact address.

ubuntu-reviews@ is currently set as the contact address of
~ubuntu-core-dev, and so I can't reuse it.

I see 3 options:

  * Create a new mailing list that has essentially the same purpose as
    ubuntu-reviews at .

  * Move ubuntu-reviews@ to ~ubuntu-dev, but then this leaves
    ~ubuntu-core-dev open to getting direct mails again on e.g. bug
    subscriptions and code review if referenced directly. If we do this
    we can set another contact address for ~ubuntu-core-dev, but I'm not
    sure what that would be.

  * Request an alias for the mailing list to work around LP's
    restriction that we have one account per address.

None are especially palatable, but the last seems to acheive what we
want at the risk of being obtuse and working around a (probably well
reasoned) Launchpad restriction.

Any support for option 3?

Thanks,

James