Lucid changes to Firefox default search provider

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 1 17:35:51 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 02,February,2010 12:20 AM, John Abbott wrote:
> I'll be leaving now!  I've been a rabid supporter of UBUNTU  and have
> personally given away over 300 copies of various UBUNTU distributions.
> It was the getting into bed with Microsoft that moved me from SuSE to
> UBUNTU.   And since the revenue sharing with the Bing (Microsoft) search
> via Yah00! it is now obvious that Microsoft has their nose in the tent
> at Cononical.
Wow, that's a very... interesting way of thinking. Did you know Microsoft
contributed a significant amount of code to the Linux kernel not too long ago?
It must be clear that Microsoft has their nose in everything that uses Linux
then! In that case you'd be better backing off from all Linux distributions now.
:-) Maybe something like Apple... oh wait, that's closed too.

> I am cognizant of how easily I can change the settings back "to normal"
> in Firefox - or to use Google Chrome browser.  It is the principle that
> is in play here - Microsoft has none, apparently Cononical has little
> and I still have mine.
It's Canonical, by the way.

> I'll check the various FREE distributions supported by the GNU project
> and move to one of them.
Good luck. I hope you enjoyed your stay. You're welcome to return if and when
you realize that not many distributions out there rock as hard as we do.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin (GPG: 0x8F02A411)