Lucid changes to Firefox default search provider

John Abbott fewclues at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:20:04 GMT 2010

I'll be leaving now!  I've been a rabid supporter of UBUNTU  and have
personally given away over 300 copies of various UBUNTU distributions.
It was the getting into bed with Microsoft that moved me from SuSE to
UBUNTU.   And since the revenue sharing with the Bing (Microsoft) search
via Yah00! it is now obvious that Microsoft has their nose in the tent
at Cononical.

I am cognizant of how easily I can change the settings back "to normal"
in Firefox - or to use Google Chrome browser.  It is the principle that
is in play here - Microsoft has none, apparently Cononical has little
and I still have mine.

I'll check the various FREE distributions supported by the GNU project
and move to one of them.