proposed universe demotion: virt-manager (or, a request for active maintenance)

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at canonical.com
Mon Feb 1 10:11:34 GMT 2010

Dave Walker wrote:
> Nobody would use virt-manager, if they weren't using it to
> admin a server.

Disagreed.  I use virt-manager all the time to start, stop, install and
monitor status of virtual machines on my laptop.

VirtualBox generally do a better job at desktop virtualization than the
virt-manager/libvirt/KVM stack, but that does not mean the later is not
being used outside of server context.

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

 ~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~