Place for DDs and DMs to request syncs

Steve Kowalik stevenk at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 15 12:17:19 BST 2010

On 15/08/10 01:01, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> For example, let's say I dip my toes into the Ubuntu lake first.  I quickly
> learn that it's best to upload to Debian first and then sync to Ubuntu, but I
> find Launchpad a more comfortable web ui to interact with.  Why is there not a
> big button on e.g. https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zope.interface that
> says "Upload to Debian Testing"?

There are couple of reasons for this. Firstly, Launchpad doesn't really
keep track of what's in Debian all that well -- it tries to, but there
are problems with it. Secondly, if something is going to get uploaded to
Debian, it needs to be signed by a *private* key that has upload
permissions to Debian -- and I don't want my private key stored on
hardware that isn't under my physical control.

Cheers,
--
                                         Steve
"Why does everyone say 'Relax' when they're about to do something terrible?"